Monday, February 7, 2011

How to speed up your blogspot the Blogger way~

.: Just after publishing my previous post, this tips appears next to my 'Your blog post published successfully!' notification. See it for yourself~

Blogger speedy tips - Have you seen this before?

Mmmm, this is good. Let's see what's inside~

How to speed up your blog so it can load faster.
  1. Reduce the number of our displayed post.
  2. Place our widgets at the bottom part of our blog. (Hurmmm. Before this I heard by putting it on top would be better..)
  3. Modify the size and the source of origin of our multimedia content. (Host it *in* our blog).
  4. Extra layout modification with CSS should be put on top.
  5. Use online and offline tools to determine and find which part of our blog that slows it down.

That's is how they say it. But how can we do it?
  • I personally go with 7 or 5 for my displayed posts. If my blog contains too much text or too much media, I might resort to "insert jump break" or stay with 3 to 5 post only.
  • Technically, I don't understand which part loads first - my blog posts or my sidebar widgets? So, to check this, I need to have the skill to read HTML in 'Edit HTML' under Blogger Design tab... (Different template comes with different settings...) Check their <body> and widgets placements to identify who loads first.
  • Yes, I host my pictures on Picasa Web Albums. This picture hosting is done automatically each time I insert new image into my posts. But too bad Picasa Web only gives you 1 GB of space... :-( So, I had to resolve by using other picture hosting site or opt to embed them in my blog, and resize them to small or medium sized pictures.
  • I use free templates from Template Designer provided by Blogger itself. I dunno if their template is slow, but I think they've optimize it to be the best free template available. Is it?
  • I did go to Numion's Stopwatch but that page is down. I remember I've bookmarked a site which able to estimate my loading time, but now it's already gone :-(  Something related to uptime/downtime, with a "tachometer" showing you a map where they download and upload stuffs. Then they show how much time needed to loads your site. Which site is that?  X-O
And, that is how I explain Blogger Help on how to make our blog load faster. You should use it too, so people won't go away because they hate waiting our blog to fully loads everything, people like me~   X-D


aiemm: "Where did I see that website? Old blog post recommending me to use Lynx Viewer..?"
Helpppp... :-(
:.

2 comments:

  1. Use online and offline tools to determine and find which part of our blog that slows it down.Buy YouTube Comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site is for sure worth bookmarking. wp themes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...