Monday, February 14, 2011

First thing first, your domain name/blog title should not be as long as this blog post (or longer).

.: I was kinda curious, why people want to use long long super long name for their website or their blog (like I used to)?  :-P

Google I/O 2010~

I remembered that in Google I/O 2011 SEO video Matt did say something about the domain name. Which, I personally think that we should follow the new trends of naming our sites, unlike others who "stuffed" every targeted keywords inside as many as they can.

If you look at Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Squidoo, etc, plus many other web 2.0s out there, many of them love to use "strange" domain name for their services or products. And strangely, this way of naming helps people or users to remember one site or can be easily found when they do their searches online. Which is a very good idea to boosts the positive side of their user perception~

3 properties of not-so-new trends of naming websites or blogs...
  1. Short (aka cute, sweet and simple name). 
  2. Strange or funny (names from sounds, expression, or d-i-y names). 
  3. Indirectly related. 

... which sometimes influence me so badly when I'm going to set up a new blog. (Like how I feels very uneasy with my Internet Marketing Online Class and later use this Aiemm now). But as long as I'm happy with it, laa lalaa~~  :-)

Before you and me starts to create or re-create new web 2.0-like domain name, remember not to use other corporation / associations / business names. Please search it first before we settles for that name. Search until 30-50 results to ensure that name is clean from any "inappropriate" or "dirty" resemblance, okay? Oh, we must avoid crazy domain name because we cannot include spaces in them...


aiemm: "Short website or blog names is much faster to type~~"
:-P
:.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...