Friday, February 11, 2011

Customer perception: How to turn on mobile template for Blogger?

.: (Old post from old IM blog) Today, while continuing my article translation, there's a pop-up on my Blogger in Draft dashboard. What is this?

 New? Mobile templates?

From all blog templates I've ever encounter so far, I never reach a site that specialize in creating free mobile Blogger templates yet. Is it a new niche? Who knows? Hehe  ;-)

I also love to view my Blogger Stats to find out from where my audience read my blogs (I wander my Stats almost every morning though, LOL). And yes, there is people who read my blog from their mobile phones. The thing is, almost all of my blogs is made not-mobile-friendly. Hurmmm... Should do something about that later.

Today we are going to learn how to turn on our mobile template for our Blogger. Because of the pop-up notification earlier, I just need to click the 'Turn on mobile templates' and I'm ready for the next step. Just in case you didn't see this one pop-up, what you should do is:
  1. First, click the 'Settings' tab of your blog.
  2. Click the 'Email & mobile' menu. 
  3. And then under the 'Mobile Template (beta)' part, choose 'Yes. On mobile devices, show the mobile version of my template.'. 
  4. Scroll to the bottom, and click 'Save settings'. And you're done~   :-D 
  5. If you like to see how it look like,click the blue 'Mobile preview' button~ 

You should see the yellowish 'Settings Were Saved Successfully' thing to ensure that your new setting is in effect. :-)

New resized window will appear when you click the blue 'Mobile preview' button~

Cool rite? Yes~ :-)

Why we need to bother our blog is viewed minimalistically when using mobile devices?
Because this can save our reader time from downloading too much graphic so our blog can be viewed faster~ (Remember that customer perception is one of our winning key to blog success?)   ;-)

Customer perception when they see your blogspot in mobile version:
  • It's easy to read~
  • This blogspot loads so fast~  (did someone out there speak like this?)  X-D
  • Wow, cute blog~~   X-D

Am I right or wrong? LOL~
So, turn on mobile template for your own blogspot too~  :-)


aiemm: "How to design 2 different template for our blogspot? One is default for computer browser, and one is for mobile browser~"
;-)
:.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...